Tuesday, March 22, 2016

A Springtime People

When my friend Nancy, an award-winning poet, died a few years ago, her family found the following unpublished poem stuffed in her Holy Bible.



Let us feel you on our pulses
and in our breathing
and convince us in our very bodies
that we live and die
in the hollow of your hand.
Release now these mute longings
hidden in our hearts
to join the early morning bird song
singing green beginnings
and multicolored hopes
for you are shaking us and
shaping us into
a springtime people
with Easter in our eyes.  


~ Nancy Frost Rouse 

11 comments:

  1. Reading this took me to the core of my soul, Debra. Nancy so exquisitely expressed the multicolored hopes of a springtime people. I will share this.
    Miss you, my friend. Hope you will reconnect with my blog soon.
    Love and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Martha. I hadn’t blogged in almost a year now (last May), but I’d like get back to it a little more. I’ve missed you! Have a Blessed Holy Week and Resurrection Sunday! Let’s stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem caused a catch in my breathing...longing for more words. Happy EAster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty. Many blessings to you and Happy Easter!

      Delete
  4. The poem caused a catch in my breathing...longing for more words. Happy EAster

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful piece, and never truer words written.
    Such is Grace...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael,it is a beautiful poem. How perfect for now. Love & blessings & Happy Easter to you, friend.

      Delete
    2. Happy Easter to you, as well, Debra.

      Delete
  6. Wow, what a moving, beautiful poem!

    Blessings go to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Dianna. You're the best!
      Have a blessed weekend!

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful piece, and never truer words written.
    Such is Grace...

    สูตรบาคาร่า
    gclub

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...